Wisdom is more precious than silver or gold and freely given to those who will accept it. No, these saying are not mine! You can find them in the book of Proverbs.
- Don’t exploit the poor because they are poor and don’t crush the needy in court.
- Don’t associate with one easily angered or you might learn their ways.
- Don’t be one who shakes hands in a pledge or puts up security for debts.
- Don’t move an ancient boundary stone set up by your ancestors.
- See someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings.
- Don’t crave the delicacies of a ruler for that food is deceptive.
- Don’t wear yourself out to get rich and don’t trust your own cleverness.
- Don’t eat the food of a begrudging host.
- Don’t speak to fools for they will scorn your prudent words.
- Don’t encroach on the fatherless for their Defender is strong and He will take their case against you.
- Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to knowledge.
- Don’t withhold discipline from a child.
- God rejoices when we speak what is right.
- Don’t let your heart envy those who do wrong.
- Those who drink too much wine and eat too much rich food become poor.
- A son who listens to his father and doesn’t despise his mother brings his parents joy.
- Let your eyes delight in His ways for an adulterous woman is a deep pit, and a wayward wife is a narrow well.
- Don’t judge wine by its label. Judge it rather by the hangover it leaves with.
- Don’t envy the wicked, don’t desire their company; for their hearts plot violence, and their lips talk about making trouble.
- Wisdom builds a house; through understanding it’s established; through knowledge its room are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
- It’s better to be wise than strong; intelligence outranks muscle any day.
- Wise conversation is way over the head of fools; in a serious discussion they haven’t a clue.
- Fools incubate sin; cynics desecrate beauty.
- If you fall to pieces in a crisis; there wasn’t much to you in the first place.
- Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help.
- Like honey—wisdom and knowledge—is good for you. Get that and your future is secured, your hope is on solid rock.
- God-loyal people don’t stay down too long. Soon they are back on their feet while the wicked end up flat on the faces.
- Don’t laugh when your enemy falls. God might be provoked and take pity on his plight.
- Don’t get concerned with the success of the wicked. They have no future at all; they’re headed down a dead-end street.
- Fear God; respect your leaders; don’t be defiant.Without warning your life can turn upside down, and who knows how or when it might happen.
The book of Proverbs, as its name suggests, is full of wisdom. Sadly, we are like the man who looks in the mirror and forgets what he looks like as soon as he walks away. That is why I need to read Proverbs over and over.
What is your source for wisdom and knowledge?
Get Your Free Copy!
No one enjoys going through the motions each day. Find out what your mission is in life! Get your free copy of 21 Ways To Discover Your Mission In Life.