Hi, my name is Kenneth, but many call me Kenny. KennethACamp.com is my blog. Please find articles and podcasts here that will encourage, challenge and help you to live a life sent.
Who This Blog Is For…
This blog will encourage you to live a life sent. I help Christians learn how to defend the orphan, care for the less fortunate, share their faith and steward their resources so that they can successfully live a life sent.
What is “a Life Sent?”
I believe that we are created to live a missional, or sent, life. Too often we seek the opposite. We pursue comfort, possessions and our own agenda.
We don’t know our neighbors, we spend more than we make, we are too busy to help others, we ignore some basic mandates in God’s Word, such as caring for the orphans and widows.
God is a missionary God in that He sent His son into the world. He didn’t wait for us to find Him. He came to us. Thank goodness!
So as a Christ follower, I believe we too are sent. Sent across the street, across town, to the orphan and the widow, and across the world.
Below are some of the topics I blog and podcast about:
About my family
Danielle and I married in 1988. I know, she isn’t old enough to be married that long! I was a youth pastor when we met and married. Over the next 20 plus years, I worked both in the ministry and in the secular world.
In 2007, we moved to Thailand as volunteer missionaries. We moved back to the U.S. at the end of year fully expecting to return sooner or later.
So far that hasn’t happened yet. However, in 2011 we became licensed as foster parents. In September 2012, we adopted our son when he was about two-years-old. We were not able to have biological children, so we are new to the parenting scene!
Even though we have remained in the Austin area at least for now, I am still involved in international missions. I also help support adoptive/foster care families as well as serve on local non profit boards. These opportunities reflect my desire to live a life sent.
I use these experiences plus what I learn from teaching and studying to provide material for the blogs and podcasts I post here. You can use what I share here as encouragement and a resource to live a life sent whether it is as a foster or adoptive parent, someone serving as a foreign missionary, or sharing life with those who live around you.
Some of my popular posts
- 7 Things Your Foster or Adopted Child Needs to Hear from You
- 10 Things You Are Not Supposed to Say to a Foster Parent
- What Is Your Attachment Dance?
- When Should an Adopted Child Know?
- 5 Surprising Reasons You Should Consider Fostering or Adopting
- I Am the Adopted Kid!
- Do You Know What a Safe Family Is?
- 12 Things to Do to Make Sure They Never Meet Jesus
- 5 End of Summer Activities Your Children Will Talk about Forever
- 10 Things People Do on Sundays rather than Church and Why it Matters
- Would It Matter to You If Your Neighbor Moved?
- Lunch with my Friend Grady
- Is Missional Becoming the New Legalism?
- 15 Ways You Can Pray for a Missionary
- The Shocking Truth about Short-Term Missions
- Tamar Mission Trip Interview with Danielle Camp
- Why the Czech People Lost Hope
- Holy Discontent
- 6 Ways to Be Part of a Missionary Movement
Other popular posts
- 9 Warning Signs that Toxic Shame Is Preventing a Life of Freedom
- Don’t Do This When You Face Suffering
- Abandoned at a Tennessee Truck Stop
- I Am Excited for My Friend, but…
- Have We Found a Better Way?
- He Calms My Storm
- 5 Reasons to Live Debt Free
Some Podcast Episodes
- Interview with Missionaries in Japan: Caleb and Jessica Camp
- Your Words Will Either Build Up or Tear Down
- How Our Attachment Style Impacts Our Parenting: Interview with Marshall Lyles
These are just a few of the popular posts. If you have a subject you would like my thoughts on or if you would like to submit a blog article, contact me!
Books I Have Written
Adopting the Father’s Heart is a narrative about our journey of foster care and adoption. Not only does the book chronicle our story, it is a great resource for families considering adopting through foster care.
Foster and Adoptive Parenting: Authentic Stories that Will Inspire and Encourage Parenting with Connection wraps real-life stories from our family and others around parenting with connection strategies that the experts teach. This book will give a foster or adoptive parent hope to keep on doing the right thing.
How You Can Interact with Me
I love dialogue! Whether you disagree with me, have a suggestion, a question, or of course, a thumbs up, I want to hear from you. Here are the best ways to do this.
- Blog Comments — I enjoy it when you leave a comment on my blogs! It gives me immediate feedback and encourages others to join in the conversation. Many times a reader adds valuable insight on a subject that I write about. So, please don’t keep your thoughts to yourself! Share them with me.
- Email — I understand that sometimes your comment might not be for all to read and you prefer to talk directly to me. That’s great! Just send me an email and let’s talk.
- Twitter — I like Twitter because it is simple and to the point. I can follow people who have similar interests and follow specific #topics. Follow me @KennethACamp and mention me, retweet me or send a direct message
- Facebook — Many of you comment about my blog content on Facebook. It’s an easy place to dialogue and I respond to most comments or inquiries there. Friend me or Like my Adopting the Father’s Heart page.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Get Your Free Copy!
No one enjoys going through the motions each day. Find out what your mission is in life! Get your free copy of 21 Ways To Discover Your Mission In Life.