In this Dad to Dad episode I interview Danny Cook, pastor of Legacy church in Round Rock, Texas. He and his wife, Rachel, have fostered 20 kids over about seven years, adopting one.
I know you will appreciate Danny sharing his story in an authentic, vulnerable, even raw at times, way. Below you can see some summary notes from the interview. Enjoy and please share the link.
- Danny’s story begins out of obedience.
- Saying yes to fostering gives you a front row seat to watch life transformation.
- You do give up some of your life so that a child can find their life.
- Find out where you can get the motivation to do the hard yet right thing.
- Danny shares a couple of huge turning points in his journey as a foster dad.
- How to help men talk about their fears.
- Danny talks about the joy of working with men who say yes when it is so easy to say no.
- Danny shares about a ministry that he and Rachel lead called Unshaken that equips and encourages foster and adoptive parents.
Contact Info and other stuff
Danny also mentions a couple of resources:
Considering Foster Care or Adoption?
Download your Free Copy of Count the Cost!