If you have not heard, I published my first book this summer. You can find out more about it here. Even though I am focused on promoting and marketing the book, people are asking me what I am going to write next.
So, far my answer has been that I have outlined a few ideas, which is true. I also want to write a short e-book to give away on my website. My plan is to write the e-book first within the next couple of months. Then in January begin writing on my next book. Want to give your input on what I write about next? I hope you do! Read the list below and a brief description of each book. Please either pick one or two that resonate with you or rank the list in order of which one interests you most to the least. You can even suggest a topic that I don’t list here. That’s great too!
- Beyond Shame—People struggle with regret all the time. It robs them of joy, success, and freedom. God has taught me a lot over the past 10 plus years how to move beyond shame. The book would speak to the benefits of moving beyond shame encouraging the reader to press through to the other side.
- Experiencing God’s Favor—One of my chapters in Adopting the Father’s Heart discusses God’s favor. Since He is the One who protects, provides, forgives, etc. obtaining His favor is desirable. Is it something that we automatically have once we become a Christ-follower? Or, is it something that we should continue to seek? Is it coincidence that some people seem more blessed than others regardless if they are a believer or not? These questions I want to explore and see what God has to say about it.
- Seeking God’s Presence–I have attended church since I was a baby. I attended a Christian college, been on staff at three churches, served on the mission field, sang on worship teams, participated in prayer meetings, etc. Sometimes His presence hangs in the air like a heavy dew. Other times it feels all man-made. What ushers in the presence of God?
- Relevant Church–A lot of books and articles are out there about what is wrong with today’s American church. I don’t want to write another book about that. Also, recently I am reading many articles about why 20s and 30s are either not attending church or are leaving church in great numbers. What I want to research is what makes the church relevant today without losing its core message. My idea is to interview pastors, lay leaders, occasional church attendees, and non-attenders. The purpose? To find out what each group thinks make the church relevant today, if at all.
- Why Is Ordinary Extraordinary?–In this book I want to study what God considers an ordinary transformed life. The strange thing is that when people see the actions and fruit of a transformed life, they call it extraordinary.
- Story of Tamar Women—Tamar is a prostitution rescue center in Pattaya, Thailand. You can learn more of this wonderful outreach here. I would love to spend a year interviewing different women that walked away from a life of prostitution because of the freedom they found in Jesus Christ. Of course that would mean our family would move back to Thailand!
- Story of Teenage or Aged-Out Foster Children—I am inspired about some and saddened by others who have grown up in the foster care system. I want to know what goes on in the mind of these children. I think this book would help bring more attention to caring for those who are in custody of the state system. It could also help us to know how to love and care for these children. They have a voice, and we should listen.
Will you take this survey by leaving a comment below? Either rank them in the order of most interest to you, pick a couple that resonate most with you, or suggest a different idea.
Do you think one of them is best for an e-book that I give away on my website?
Get Your Free Copy!
No one enjoys going through the motions each day. Find out what your mission is in life! Get your free copy of 21 Ways To Discover Your Mission In Life.