Yes, I began writing my next book. Will you consider helping me with it? Because I know I can learn from you.
A few months ago, I blogged about some book ideas asking for your advice. Thank you by the way! The book idea that received the most votes was “Beyond Shame”.
That was my vote too! I have stashed away notes and research for the last several months. So, last week I spent time setting up the project in my Scrivener application (which is a great tool for writers by the way).
And, thanks to a challenge from Jeff Goins this month to write 500 words a day, I began writing.
Ready to know how you can help?
Read finished drafts of each chapter.
As I finish writing and proofing a chapter, I want to send it to you so you can be one of the first ones to read it.
What do I want you to do with it after reading it? Glad you asked!
- Let me know about any obvious mistakes you find.
- Let me know if the content makes sense to you.
- Let me know if I am fulfilling the promise of the book. I will tell you what that is when I email chapters to you.
- Share any personal stories that is relative to the content for possible inclusion in the book. I will give credit where it is due and appropriate.
Brainstorm ideas with me for cover and interior design.
As the book unfolds, ideas for the cover design and interior design will rise to the surface. You might not enjoy proofreading or reading for content sake. You might be the creative type that sees ideas in the form of pictures. I want to hear your ideas!
Refer articles and experts.
As you read I expect many of you will think of articles you have read about this subject. Or you know of some expert I should look up. Or maybe you are the expert!
Please send me that information so I can do further research. Your advice will improve the content of this book. That in turn will help more people.
Any article or expert that I reference will be duly noted of course.
I bet you raised your hand wanting to know how you can sign up to help!
Here is how I am going to begin this process, which I am learning as I go (I want your thoughts on this process too).
- Subscribe to my blog via email. You can do this by looking to the right of this blog post. Yes, you will receive my blog posts. I post each Tuesday and Friday most weeks.
- In addition to my twice a week blog posts, I will send my drafts of completed chapters in separate newsletter emails. I expect that to be about one maybe two times a month.
- That’s it! That is all you have to do. Except give feedback of course!
Now you probably want to know what is in it for you…
- A chance to help write a book! I know from many conversations over the past year that many of you have a dream of writing a book. This is the next best thing—helping someone else write a book.
- Be among the first to read the draft and finished product. For everyone that joins this select group, I will offer the chance to get a deeply discounted copy of the book before it is released.
- You can even give me ideas about how to sweeten this deal. I would love to hear what you think people want as an incentive to help me write this book.
If you are not ready to sign up for the blogs and free chapters via email, but you have some advice or questions, please leave it in a comment here.