A new year. Resolutions for some. Others call them goals. Many don’t bother at all.
Regardless of where you fit, I am guessing that if you did set goals or make resolutions they look something like this:
- Eat less.
- Exercise more.
- Plan a certain vacation.
- Start a new project/business/hobby.
- Make more money.
- Spend more time with family and friends.
All good things for sure. Typically we make resolutions or set goals at the beginning of the year that focus on self-improvement. And, certainly goals like these help us accomplish a mission.
I encourage you to segment your goals into different categories. Something like this:
Have you set goals before that focused on the mission you have while here on earth? Maybe you need to figure out in 2016 what that mission is. Or if you know, how can you embrace it this year?
It could look something like this:
- Support 1 new missionary family.
- Volunteer with my charity or ministry of choice once a month.
- Invite 1 new family/neighbor into our home for a meal each month.
- Baby sit children of a foster family 4 times during the year.
- Go on one short-term mission trip with family.
- Mentor/disciple one new person this year.
- Pay off debt in order to invest in others.
If we understand the importance of the mission given us, maybe we ought to prioritize this list above other goals. Give the mission in our life our best to offer instead of our leftover time, money, energy…hmm…I need to ponder that thought.
This is my over-arching goal for 2016—to make the mission that God has called me too to be my main focus in life. In many ways, I know what that mission is, I need to embrace it. Prioritize it.
If that resonates with you, then join me in this journey.
I am close to re-focusing my website around this journey. I still will blog about topics like adoption/foster care and international mission, because they are part of my mission. I will also blog about a few other things that are a part of that mission. I will share successes and failures; resources I have found; things I have learned.
But if you have no idea what your mission is, I will speak to this also. In fact, I will soon have a free ebook about discovering you mission in this life. It will be available to everyone who subscribes to my website. Be sure and join today so you don’t miss that freebie!
I am also excited to launch a new podcast soon that will focus on these topics as well. Stay tuned for that!
You need to know that as a subscriber to KennethACamp.com you will get free content throughout the year, some that that will not be available anywhere else.
I hope you’re compelled to do one of two things
- If you don’t know what your mission is, I hope you discover in 2016 the reason you are here on this planet!
- If you do have an idea of what your mission is, then I hope you feel compelled to set some exciting goals in 2016.