Happy New Year! I enjoyed our holiday season, but I am ready to get back into a groove. It seemed like I was in the holi-daze from Thanksgiving through New Years. We did our annual beach week during Thanksgiving with my side of the family. Then Danielle, my son, and I took a 5-day cruise out of Galveston the second week of December. Then of course Christmas and New Years followed on the heels of that.
During the downtime and trips, I had time to think through what I hope 2018 to look like for me here at Missional Lifestyle and His Hands His Feet. (that is the blog and podcast for those who didn’t know) I am excited about this year. I hope you are too!
Here is what I am working on for 2018:
- I will continue to create free written content that covers foster care/adoption and other missional topics like local ministry opportunities, foreign missions, mentoring/discipleship, generosity, and so on.
- His Hands His Feet podcast enters its second year. I have more Dad to Dad episodes, interviews with foreign missionaries, interviews with non profit leaders, updates from Danielle and I about our adoption journey, and much more.
This year begins my sixth year of blogging and, as I mentioned, my second year of podcasting. I have published two books over the past six years too. I still love what I am doing, and I am always looking for ways to create better content for you.
In order to continue to spending the time I have over the past five years on the blog, podcast, and writing, I am developing some income streams to support my work.
What’s that look like?
- I am working on a new book with my good friend, Matt Peacock, who is the executive director of Partners in Hope Lake Travis. The plan is to publish the book in the Fall of 2018. After recouping my expenses, all of the profits from this book will go to support Partners in Hope Lake Travis.
- Many of you know that I launched a Patreon site at the end of 2017. I have another friend who is teaching me how to create some great exclusive video content to go along with audio content. For those who don’t know, this is a site where you can make a monthly monetary pledge supporting specifically His Hands His Feet podcast. If you want to not only provide funds to increase the quality and reach of the podcast, but also get exclusive content only for patrons, please visit the site.
- Soon you will begin seeing some occasional blogs where I share with you about a service or product that I use or have used that I recommend. The blog will read a lot like a review and maybe include some how the service or product works. Included will be links to the service or product where you can purchase it if it is something you find useful. This is called affiliate marketing. I will never recommend something that I haven’t either used or highly recommend as something you can benefit from.
- I also will launch a new Resource page soon where you can find many of these services and products.
- You will also hear me on my podcasts begin promoting different products and services that could range from website hosting to foster care/adoption counseling.
I want to reiteriate that neither the blog or the podcast will get overrun with advertising, nor will I spam you with constant emails and advertisements. When I find something that I use that I like or has helped me, I want to share it with you. And for many of these, if you choose to use or purchase their product or service, I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. In fact, you might even get a discount.
What else am I considering for 2018?
- Speaking – I am developing a few talks that I can share with groups, conferences, and churches. The topics will mirror what I blog and podcast about—foster care/adoption, missional lifestyle, non profit ministry, and foreign missions.
- Mentoring – I can provide mentoring and coaching in the areas of writing/blogging/podcasting, foster care/adoption, non profit organization, and developing a missions program.
Will you take a few minutes and let me know your thoughts on my plans for this year?
Get Your Free Copy!
No one enjoys going through the motions each day. Find out what your mission is in life! Get your free copy of 21 Ways To Discover Your Mission In Life.