My path has crossed many times with Matt Peacock over the past several years. One of those times happened in 2011. As Matt and I drove back from a conference in South Texas, he began sharing a vision he had about a non profit ministry that went out and found those in need in his community instead of waiting for them to reach out for help.
Then he invited me to join the inaugural board. Sneaky. I liked what I heard and wanted to help get this off the ground, so I agreed.
In today’s podcast interview, you get to hear some of the back story, the mission of Partners in Hope, stories of hope, and how you can be a part of this ministry. Even if you don’t live in the Austin area, you will benefit from what Matt shares, because you can do the same thing in your community.
- Matt shares how the ministry began as a weekly outreach called SNOW days. Listen to find out what a SNOW day is.
- If you have ever thought about starting a 501 (c) 3 you will find the history of how Partners in Hope (PIH) began helpful.
- Matt talks about how the mission changed as they understood better their role in the community.
- Listen to how the relationship with a single mother did much more than just help out around her home for one day. This includes how she continues to give back to her community.
- Hear how another family who PIH partnered with uses their talents to help other families.
- I mention a project that Matt and I plan to work on soon that will help others begin a ministry like Partners in Hope Lake Travis right in the community that they live in.
- Learn how you can partner with Partners in Hope Lake Travis.
Partners in Hope Lake Travis website – http://partnersinhopelaketravis.org
Matt Peacock email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your Free Copy!
No one enjoys going through the motions each day. Find out what your mission is in life! Get your free copy of 21 Ways To Discover Your Mission In Life.